Tournament Format Discussion 2.0  

Page 3 / 3 Prev
  RSS

ClutchJordan
Clutch Creator Admin
25/08/2017 9:12 pm  

I have a question for you all - how would those augmented RP rules effect your bullpen construction? Instead of a RP being able to pitch 67% of games, they'd only be able to go 50%.  My first thought was that it makes RP less valuable, but when I thought more about it I realized you're still going to need the same amount of RP innings overall throughout say a 5 game span.  So would you construct your bullpen a lot deeper and balanced?

Business Development/Gameplay & Balance for Clutch Cards

ReplyQuote
CommunitySalad
Day 1 Supporter
26/08/2017 2:40 pm  
Posted by: ClutchJordan

I have a question for you all - how would those augmented RP rules effect your bullpen construction? Instead of a RP being able to pitch 67% of games, they'd only be able to go 50%.  My first thought was that it makes RP less valuable, but when I thought more about it I realized you're still going to need the same amount of RP innings overall throughout say a 5 game span.  So would you construct your bullpen a lot deeper and balanced?

It definitely downplays the importance of a bullpen. Because knowing that my RPs will be fresh after 2 games means I only need like 3 good relievers and will invest that in my rotation. Right now, I'm running Keuchel, Thor, Hamels and Hellickson with Harris, Kontos, and Betances. Having a 1 and 3 starter that can go 7 means only needing like 1 of those 3 top level RPs per game, leaving the other two (And Robertson as a closer) for the last game of the series. It even works in the 3rd matchup because I'll have my 3 good relievers for game 1 and only need an average RP and my CP to compliment my ace.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3 Prev

Working

Please Login or Register