Tournament Format Discussion 2.0  

Page 3 / 3 Prev
  RSS

ClutchJordan
Clutch Creator Admin
25/08/2017 9:12 pm  

I have a question for you all - how would those augmented RP rules effect your bullpen construction? Instead of a RP being able to pitch 67% of games, they'd only be able to go 50%.  My first thought was that it makes RP less valuable, but when I thought more about it I realized you're still going to need the same amount of RP innings overall throughout say a 5 game span.  So would you construct your bullpen a lot deeper and balanced?

Business Development/Gameplay & Balance for Clutch Cards

ReplyQuote
CommunitySalad
Online League Champion
26/08/2017 2:40 pm  
Posted by: ClutchJordan

I have a question for you all - how would those augmented RP rules effect your bullpen construction? Instead of a RP being able to pitch 67% of games, they'd only be able to go 50%.  My first thought was that it makes RP less valuable, but when I thought more about it I realized you're still going to need the same amount of RP innings overall throughout say a 5 game span.  So would you construct your bullpen a lot deeper and balanced?

It definitely downplays the importance of a bullpen. Because knowing that my RPs will be fresh after 2 games means I only need like 3 good relievers and will invest that in my rotation. Right now, I'm running Keuchel, Thor, Hamels and Hellickson with Harris, Kontos, and Betances. Having a 1 and 3 starter that can go 7 means only needing like 1 of those 3 top level RPs per game, leaving the other two (And Robertson as a closer) for the last game of the series. It even works in the 3rd matchup because I'll have my 3 good relievers for game 1 and only need an average RP and my CP to compliment my ace.

ReplyQuote
Ahrensku
Day 1 Supporter
08/10/2017 8:31 pm  

I know I'm late to this party, but why are we stuck on series?  Because of stadiums?  I think rolling for stadiums each round is more than fair and starting with your #1 pitcher is the way to go, just like a little league baseball tournament.  I think it would really suck if you had spent money on Kershaw and never got to use him because of the dumb die. (I would assume I'm reading this all correctly).  But since the games are 45 minutes to 1 hour that's a lot of games to play in 1 day if you do 2 game series.

I think the augmented RP rule is too much especially considering the penalty for a tired reliever.  You just keep track of your relievers throughout the tournament and they can be tired over different series.  It wasn't that hard to keep track of in the online league.

As for the Indiegogo cards, they are balanced so they aren't unfair to play, but I understand banning them.  However you shouldn't ban just those, all LE cards should be in that boat so there isn't any confusion.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3 Prev

Working

Please Login or Register