Shared Strategy Deck  

RSS

KC
 KC
Triple-A Customer
15/08/2017 12:14 am  

Having 1 of each base strategy card, how well would it work if 2 players shared and drew from the same deck during the game? Basically looking for a good way to support 2 players with only the base set?

🤔

...Forever Royal...

Sittch liked
ReplyQuote
MikeTheRed
Day 1 Supporter
15/08/2017 9:48 am  

That'd be a fine houserule, to share the strategy deck and it could be anywhere from 40-80 cards I suppose.

It's truly luck of the draw to see who gets the best cards though, and I could see some domestics ensuing if one person keeps getting all the Rares and Ultra Rares. I haven't run out of a strat deck yet but it's also theoretically possible that in extended extra innings one person could end up playing more than 40 cards.

KC and Sittch liked
ReplyQuote
ClutchJordan
Clutch Creator Admin
15/08/2017 1:55 pm  

You're better off splitting up the cards 35/35.  Buy a 5 pack Booster Bundle if you wanna hit the official rules of 40/40 strats.

Business Development/Gameplay & Balance for Clutch Cards

Sittch, KC, Catastrophe and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
Catastrophe
Day 1 Supporter
15/08/2017 5:02 pm  

I used a shared Strategy deck after my first purchase (a single Starter and several Boosters) for my first dozen or so games. It worked well enough with 50-60+ total cards, though as Mike mentioned there will be an uneven distribution of Rares. You'll also get draws that don't mesh well with your Roster (i.e., "Enter Night" with a CP that doesn't have positive Clutch or SV icon). But I found it to be a feasible short-term solution until I built up my card library.

moar boosters ftw!

KC liked
ReplyQuote
KC
 KC
Triple-A Customer
15/08/2017 5:28 pm  

Thanks guys. Was hopping not to fuel the CCG bug any further this year. Hmm, looks around in case the Ms. is watching... 😂

...Forever Royal...

ClutchJordan liked
ReplyQuote
KC
 KC
Triple-A Customer
16/08/2017 12:21 am  

In terms of strategy cards, would there be any benefit to getting 2 starter sets and using these cards to round out 2 strategy decks? As opposed to 5 boosters...

🤔

...Forever Royal...

ReplyQuote
KC
 KC
Triple-A Customer
17/08/2017 10:00 pm  

Any thoughts on the starter sets idea?

...Forever Royal...

ReplyQuote
CommunitySalad
Day 1 Supporter
18/08/2017 3:23 am  
Posted by: KC

Any thoughts on the starter sets idea?

Starters are definitely the quickest way to boost your strat pool.

KC liked
ReplyQuote
rsm162000
Day 1 Supporter
18/08/2017 7:18 am  

I know having all three starter decks gives you another copy of all of the common and uncommon cards, so it's not a bad idea.  Boosters give you trade fodder and a chance at the rares.

Sittch, ClutchJordan and KC liked
ReplyQuote
KC
 KC
Triple-A Customer
24/08/2017 6:30 pm  

Thanks guys. I have the 3 starters ordered and a couple of the rares inbound as well.

...Forever Royal...

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register