Bottom of the 9th  

RSS

ClutchJordan
Clutch Creator Admin
27/08/2017 4:18 pm  

In my sales travels I went into a FLGS that was interested in our game because they used to carry a game called "Bottom of the 9th" which sold very well.  I'm pretty up to date on the competition yet I had never heard of this game.  I'll post the BGG link but they have over 1,000 reviews and it came out in just 2015.  Has anyone here heard of it or perhaps played it?  From what I read, the entire game consists of starting with a tied game in the bottom of the 9th.  From there it's super in-depth with every at-bat, selecting/guessing pitches and what not.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/166286/bottom-9th

Business Development/Gameplay & Balance for Clutch Cards

ReplyQuote
KC
 KC
Triple-A Customer
27/08/2017 4:38 pm  

I'm familiar with it, but haven't played it yet. Interested to hear what others like/dislike about it.

...Forever Royal...

ReplyQuote
Sittch
Day 1 Supporter
29/08/2017 9:45 pm  

I've never heard of this before, but I like the set-up. The rules seem like they might intimidate first-timers, but shouldn't be too bad after a few rounds. I'm definitely intrigued. Only two concerns:

1. Seems like each game would end up being pretty short. Like 5-10 minutes of actual play time. Perhaps the pitch-by-pitch format could be expanded into multiple innings to make the gaming experience feel a little more satisfying, but that sort of defeats the whole "Bottom of the Ninth" premise.

2. Can't really tell just from looking at it, but it definitely seems to me like this favors the hitting team. Just an initial impression though.

All-in-all though, I'm curious. Might try to pick up a copy at some point in the future.

KC liked
ReplyQuote
KC
 KC
Triple-A Customer
03/09/2017 3:52 pm  

Looks like it has a number of expansions as well. Might try to work a trade over there and give it a try...

...Forever Royal...

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register