Clutch Cards in Airport Security  

RSS

Catastrophe
Inaugural Tournament Champion
30/05/2017 10:13 am  

I thought the first time was a fluke, the second time a coincidence... but the third time was cause for more research to confirm: 

A deck of sleeved cards looks suspicious at TSA checkpoints. I travel almost weekly and, for about half of my flights since getting my Clutch cards, I've been stopped for a backpack search. Something about the density of a lot of cards in a box, maybe especially when sleeved, isn't easily identified on luggage imaging.

I found several CCG forum topics claiming the same, and some folks automatically remove their deck boxes from luggage to speed up the process.

I've been trying to use the occurrences to chat and grow the playerbase, but so far there've been no takers among TSA's hard workers.

Just an FYI as anyone else gets ready to take Clutch on the road -- er, in the air!

Patiently waiting for the Omar Vizquel 1999 Career Year card - .333/.397/.436 - AS, GG, SB

EverettBAL, MrTentacles, ClutchJordan and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
ClutchJordan
Clutch Creator Admin
28/06/2017 11:19 am  

Look what just happened to Sean

http://imgur.com/a/gVjGj

Edited: 5 months  ago

Business Development/Gameplay & Balance for Clutch Cards

ReplyQuote
Sean Norberg
Clutch Creator Admin
06/07/2017 11:51 am  

Literally the first thing they asked me before opening my bag.... sir, do you have any baseball cards in here? 

ReplyQuote
skotothalamos
Day 1 Supporter
08/07/2017 2:56 pm  

Many years ago, I hit the San Francisco and San Diego Regional MLB Showdown tournaments, which were a week apart. I lived in St. Louis at the time, and I vacationed in Tucson in the week in between.

At the St. Louis, Oakland, and San Diego airports? no problem. At Tucson's little ten-gate airport? bag check! I think they were just bored by the much smaller amount of traffic.

ReplyQuote
brandon.lowiec
Draft Pick Customer
06/09/2017 9:43 am  

I have the same issue when I travel with my with my MTG cards.  I've been playing around taking different decks when I travel, and I usually ask the TSA agents to show me the image that stopped me.  It seems to me that only a few of the cards really stand out which leads me to believe that carrying Foil cards exasperates this issue. 

Such is life.

*bgl

*bgl

ReplyQuote
buster0042
Double-A
23/10/2017 11:52 am  

Yes, foil cards or wrappers (e,g, boosters) will flag you for a bag check. I've had this happen a few times, all because of the same reason: cards. 

ReplyQuote
Sean Norberg
Clutch Creator Admin
23/10/2017 12:43 pm  

It was simply an unsealed full set that got me caught! No foil/wrapping. Luckily they didn't confiscate haha.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register