[Sticky] First Official Clutch Baseball Tournament  

RSS

ClutchJordan
Clutch Creator Admin
22/08/2017 1:28 pm  

Hey guys - for official information regarding the tournament head on over to our Blog section, and for tournament sign-up and all the goodies that come with it check out the Shop tab.

We're extremely excited about this and it's been a dream of our long before Clutch Baseball became a reality.  We're hoping for a good turnout and a great event!

If it's a little bit of a ways away for you I suggest making a weekend trip out of it.  Saturday night/Sunday morning we'll be going out to check out the city.  Then at 3:05 on Sunday the Clutch creators will be attending the last game of the Phillies season vs the Mets.  Tickets should be fairly cheap at the gate.

Thanks!

Business Development/Gameplay & Balance for Clutch Cards

ReplyQuote
skotothalamos
Day 1 Supporter
22/08/2017 3:52 pm  

Some thought should be put into round time limit. We usually take about an hour per game where I play, unless things are going particularly fast, but we're new. Maybe 90 minutes to get both games in?

With 32 people, you're still looking at a long day. That's at least 5 rounds of Swiss, plus possibly a playoff. 90 minutes gives you 7.5 hours of play time. assume a few minutes of logistics between rounds and you're into a 9-hour day before you even consider going to playoffs. Might be worth considering starting earlier if you can.

ReplyQuote
ClutchJordan
Clutch Creator Admin
22/08/2017 8:37 pm  

32 players is the max but if more than 16-24 people sign up then we'll look at time considerations for sure.

ReplyQuote
Catastrophe
Day 1 Supporter
13/09/2017 1:47 pm  

What's the story on Strategy decks - Do we get the flexibility of a 10-card sideboard like we did for the League, or is it strictly 40 cards?

ReplyQuote
ClutchJordan
Clutch Creator Admin
13/09/2017 2:41 pm  

Side decks are allowed per official rules.

ReplyQuote
Catastrophe
Day 1 Supporter
13/09/2017 4:12 pm  

Aha, now I see the note about Side Decks on page 11 of the Rulebook. I should read that thing again before the 30th!

ReplyQuote
rsm162000
Day 1 Supporter
14/09/2017 10:33 am  

How many people have signed up for the tournament so far?  It's looking more and more likely that I'll end up having to work that weekend since my boss is still out on leave. 🙁

ReplyQuote
ClutchJordan
Clutch Creator Admin
14/09/2017 8:59 pm  
Posted by: rsm162000

How many people have signed up for the tournament so far?  It's looking more and more likely that I'll end up having to work that weekend since my boss is still out on leave. 🙁

We're estimating the final turnout will be 16 players which is good since it won't be a super long day.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register