First Official Clutch Baseball Tournament  

Page 1 / 2 Next
  RSS

ClutchJordan
Clutch Creator Admin
22/08/2017 1:28 pm  

Hey guys - for official information regarding the tournament head on over to our Blog section, and for tournament sign-up and all the goodies that come with it check out the Shop tab.

We're extremely excited about this and it's been a dream of our long before Clutch Baseball became a reality.  We're hoping for a good turnout and a great event!

If it's a little bit of a ways away for you I suggest making a weekend trip out of it.  Saturday night/Sunday morning we'll be going out to check out the city.  Then at 3:05 on Sunday the Clutch creators will be attending the last game of the Phillies season vs the Mets.  Tickets should be fairly cheap at the gate.

Thanks!

Business Development/Gameplay & Balance for Clutch Cards

ReplyQuote
skotothalamos
Day 1 Supporter
22/08/2017 3:52 pm  

Some thought should be put into round time limit. We usually take about an hour per game where I play, unless things are going particularly fast, but we're new. Maybe 90 minutes to get both games in?

With 32 people, you're still looking at a long day. That's at least 5 rounds of Swiss, plus possibly a playoff. 90 minutes gives you 7.5 hours of play time. assume a few minutes of logistics between rounds and you're into a 9-hour day before you even consider going to playoffs. Might be worth considering starting earlier if you can.

ReplyQuote
ClutchJordan
Clutch Creator Admin
22/08/2017 8:37 pm  

32 players is the max but if more than 16-24 people sign up then we'll look at time considerations for sure.

ReplyQuote
Catastrophe
Inaugural Tournament Champion
13/09/2017 1:47 pm  

What's the story on Strategy decks - Do we get the flexibility of a 10-card sideboard like we did for the League, or is it strictly 40 cards?

Patiently waiting for the Omar Vizquel 1999 Career Year card - .333/.397/.436 - AS, GG, SB

ReplyQuote
ClutchJordan
Clutch Creator Admin
13/09/2017 2:41 pm  

Side decks are allowed per official rules.

ReplyQuote
Catastrophe
13/09/2017 4:12 pm  

Aha, now I see the note about Side Decks on page 11 of the Rulebook. I should read that thing again before the 30th!

Patiently waiting for the Omar Vizquel 1999 Career Year card - .333/.397/.436 - AS, GG, SB

ReplyQuote
rsm162000
Day 1 Supporter
14/09/2017 10:33 am  

How many people have signed up for the tournament so far?  It's looking more and more likely that I'll end up having to work that weekend since my boss is still out on leave. 🙁

ReplyQuote
ClutchJordan
Clutch Creator Admin
14/09/2017 8:59 pm  
Posted by: rsm162000

How many people have signed up for the tournament so far?  It's looking more and more likely that I'll end up having to work that weekend since my boss is still out on leave. 🙁

We're estimating the final turnout will be 16 players which is good since it won't be a super long day.

ReplyQuote
ajlong5791
Single-A
24/09/2017 7:53 pm  

It is Sunday evening before the tournament, putting together this 25 man crew and cannot believe how many different possibilities there are and yet that 6000 cap alludes me. My wife has given a few eye rolls at how meticulous I am being with this haha.

Look forward to seeing / meeting everyone next Saturday!

ReplyQuote
Sean Norberg
Clutch Creator Admin
26/09/2017 11:23 am  
Posted by: ajlong5791

It is Sunday evening before the tournament, putting together this 25 man crew and cannot believe how many different possibilities there are and yet that 6000 cap alludes me. My wife has given a few eye rolls at how meticulous I am being with this haha.

Look forward to seeing / meeting everyone next Saturday!

Are you having trouble staying under the salary cap?

ReplyQuote
ajlong5791
Single-A
26/09/2017 1:51 pm  

Its more I am finding I hit it and then second guess myself with "was that the best way to split those last 300 / 400 points?" And then that second guessing stretches to the rest of the team haha! It will be interesting to see how much each roster varies.

ReplyQuote
Catastrophe
27/09/2017 8:58 am  

I hear ya, there are hundreds of ways to get to that perfect lineup! I'm currently on the 9th version of my team for the tourney Saturday; almost 1/3 of the original Pitchers were replaced, and a whopping ZERO Batters remain from the original lineup. Can't wait to see how they do!

ReplyQuote
skotothalamos
Day 1 Supporter
29/09/2017 4:50 pm  

Wish I could be there! (though my league team relies on LE players waaaaay too much!)

Have fun everyone. I want details! 🙂

ReplyQuote
ClutchJordan
Clutch Creator Admin
29/09/2017 6:36 pm  
Posted by: skotothalamos

Wish I could be there! (though my league team relies on LE players waaaaay too much!)

Ken Griffey is OP.

ReplyQuote
Catastrophe
29/09/2017 10:04 pm  
Posted by: ClutchJordan
Posted by: skotothalamos

Ken Griffey is OP.

Agreed x50

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2 Next

Working

Please Login or Register