Valentine's Day LE Set 2018  

RSS

Michael Bimonte
(@monte)
Clutch Creator / Creative Director Admin
20/01/2018 5:30 pm  

Hey guys- before we post on social tomorrow I'm posting the blog announcement here for forum members to check out first. Let us know what you think about the set!

http://clutchmoment.com/game-reveals/valentines-day-2018-le-set/

mattinthehat liked
ReplyQuote
Ahrensku
(@big-tuna)
Day 1 Supporter
21/01/2018 12:02 am  

That strat card is a must play. Pretty much worth the 14.99 by itself. And that stadium could allow you to torch some relievers with the icon. 

ReplyQuote
DiamondNRG
(@diamondnrg)
Day 1 Supporter
21/01/2018 1:55 am  

Am I correct in saying that only 70 sets total are being made and only 1 person will get the Special variant?  All of us fighting over 1 card?

ReplyQuote
mattinthehat
(@mattinthehat)
Day 1 Supporter
21/01/2018 1:58 am  

Interesting idea. I was out until I realized you are guaranteed all four cards in a single pack, looks like I will have to dig through the couch cushions and find $15 in spare change...

ReplyQuote
alacy52
(@alacy52)
Day 1 Supporter
21/01/2018 4:53 pm  

I like the variant concept. Allows everyone to get all the cards (while they last) while still allowing for some to be more rare than others.

ReplyQuote
DiamondNRG
(@diamondnrg)
Day 1 Supporter
22/01/2018 9:28 am  

I like the rare too... the 14/70 ... but the 1/70 is a bit silly in my opinion.

Also so these come out on 2/1 but the new set doesn't come out until 3/1 so the whole idea of you "get them for free over $29" doesn't work for those of us that already bought everything they made last year.

Again, I like this product but the marketing tactics here are deceitful... stop screwing over the people that already supported you!

ReplyQuote
Ahrensku
(@big-tuna)
Day 1 Supporter
22/01/2018 3:54 pm  
Posted by: DiamondNRG

Also so these come out on 2/1 but the new set doesn't come out until 3/1 so the whole idea of you "get them for free over $29" doesn't work for those of us that already bought everything they made last year.

Again, I like this product but the marketing tactics here are deceitful... stop screwing over the people that already supported you!

I don't think they are screwing us over.  Either you spend $14.99 (or whatever) and just get the cards or spend the $29.99 on another strat set. Either way, you'll have to spend money just how much and/or what do you want.

ReplyQuote
DiamondNRG
(@diamondnrg)
Day 1 Supporter
24/01/2018 12:40 pm  

I understand your point but like I said, I bought everything in 2017 to suppor tthem, so I don't have anything left to buy to add the LE valentines day cards on to... so the best idea would be to wait until the set comes out but we can't do that because the LE cards come out a month sooner and will be gone.

I personally think they could solve this by letting us pre-order the main set on 2/1 with the LE cards.

That was my point.

ReplyQuote
CommunitySalad
(@communitysalad)
Online League Champion
29/01/2018 3:02 am  

Well since you have everything in the 2017 set, then that $30 will get you 2 packs instead of something random from 2017 and only 1 pack. Increases your chances of getting the Special Edition promos.

Also, I don't doubt that they already have something planned for those who pre-order the 2018 set.

ReplyQuote
CommunitySalad
(@communitysalad)
Online League Champion
29/01/2018 3:05 am  

Also I'm now realizing how big it is to have a damn good Minnesota SP. Cause that park is powerful and now you have a true ace to commandeer it.

ReplyQuote
ClutchJordan
(@jordan)
Clutch Creator Admin
01/02/2018 6:33 pm  
Posted by: DiamondNRG

We understand the timing is a bit odd but that's why we included a solo purchase option.  Unfortunately the smaller the set the pricier per card so 15$ is really the lowest we could possibly go.

Business Development/Gameplay & Balance for Clutch Cards

ReplyQuote
DiamondNRG
(@diamondnrg)
Day 1 Supporter
01/02/2018 7:32 pm  

I guess I just think instead of free over $29.99 it could have been Free to those that pre-order 2018 cards over $29.99... bonus you get more of our money earlier... and ship these with those when they come out.  I guess that is what I was suggesting.

So then I thought... well maybe I buy 2 of the LE packs (and get a 3rd one with the offer) but its 1 penny to low to do that, LOL... genius.  decisions decisions, not sure what to do now... I guess this would be considered a first world problem, huh?

Excited for the 2018 set!

ReplyQuote
Share: