Altering graphic design?  

Page 2 / 2 Prev
  RSS

Catastrophe
Inaugural Tournament Champion
08/09/2017 5:11 pm  

Here's my uninvited 0.5 cents about the prototype 2.0 design

• Overall layout - Having the game-required stuff (rating, chart, stats, icons) horizontal while changing the player name and team to vertical improves the ease of figuring out what you need to know about the card.
    • Player Name aesthetics (last name in bold) and On-Base rating centration on the card are great
  • Silhouette is Fielding instead of Swinging - I like the variety! But will still want to see some good silhouette swings (except for Griffey... the next time he takes a Clutch swing it'll be too soon for me).
  • The Cityscape is a very nice touch
  • Red/White chart instead of Gray/White - I gotta be honest, if you asked me what the 1.0 cards are like I would've said "white all across". I like the switch to make more obvious what's good and what ain't.
  • Royal Blue & Navy Blue overall color - Makes the white/red/black text really stand out. Good change. Looks especially great on a Yankee, but my boy J-Hay will look good in blue too.
  • Speed/Defense/Salary - I can't decide if I like some stuff being bold here.
  • The only thing I immediately disliked was the move of the card number to the upper-right corner. That corner is supposed to be for important stuff like casting cost (i.e. Icons). Card numbers and rarities belong where they're not so obvious, as they don't impact gameplay. If you're running out of room at the bottom, maybe raise the player name a few clicks and put the number/rarity horizontally under the name/team column.
  • I'd try putting the Icons back in the upper-right, and moving the Clutch rating to the upper-left. Maybe seat the Clutch logo by the Clutch rating, because... Clutch.
    • Not sure how I feel about the Icon color change either. I like red/white to match most of the other game text on the card, but the boldface might be getting blurry.

Glad there are more great looking new cards in our future!

Patiently waiting for the Omar Vizquel 1999 Career Year card - .333/.397/.436 - AS, GG, SB

ReplyQuote
ClutchJordan
Clutch Creator Admin
08/09/2017 9:39 pm  

Our plan is to have around 10 different silhouettes to pick from.  A guy running for say a Billy Hamilton, big follow-through swing for Stanton, diving catch for Mookie Betts, etc.

Business Development/Gameplay & Balance for Clutch Cards

ReplyQuote
BearDownForWhat
Day 1 Supporter
09/09/2017 3:34 am  
Posted by: ClutchJordan

Our plan is to have around 10 different silhouettes to pick from.  A guy running for say a Billy Hamilton, big follow-through swing for Stanton, diving catch for Mookie Betts, etc.

Could just be the angle but in the photo, the catcher's left leg (the leg to screen right) looks a little skinny doesn't it? 

Can't explain why but the red icons look funky to me. They almost look too generic, kind of remind me of the OG '02 icons of that other game. I say this realizing full-well that the icons in the 2.0 prototype are exactly the same except for color haha.

ReplyQuote
BearDownForWhat
Day 1 Supporter
09/09/2017 3:36 am  

I also think that the blue background sets you guys up nicely to really wow with next year's midseason set when you (I presume) hit it hard with stars 'n stripes.

ReplyQuote
ClutchJordan
Clutch Creator Admin
09/09/2017 3:26 pm  
Posted by: BearDownForWhat

I also think that the blue background sets you guys up nicely to really wow with next year's midseason set when you (I presume) hit it hard with stars 'n stripes.

Expos bruh, there's gonna be poutine and maple leafs everywhere.

Business Development/Gameplay & Balance for Clutch Cards

Sittch liked
ReplyQuote
KC
 KC
Triple-A Customer
09/09/2017 6:41 pm  
Posted by: BearDownForWhat

Especially "royal" blue... 😁

...Forever Royal...

ReplyQuote
EverettBAL
Triple-A
17/09/2017 11:44 am  

Wow, my little ol' suggestion post actually went somewhere!

I really like the look of those new cards. The silhouettes and skylines are a vast improvement on the old one. My question is, in the little shadow where the name is, how much leeway do you have with colors? Because a different colored shadow for each team would be cool (orange for the Orioles, scarlet for the Red Sox, light green for the A's, etc.). If you can't do that, try sneaking in some sort of color to contrast the blue, like maybe a thin line (not red since there is already so much, probably something like a sky blue or turquoise would work) underneath the name shadow or something.

But otherwise great work!

Edited: 2 months  ago

Sittch liked
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2 Prev

Working

Please Login or Register