Mistake Pitches  

RSS

toddatwsu
(@toddatwsu)
Draft Pick Customer
26/12/2017 3:26 pm  

So we just gave this game to my son for Christmas yesterday and we've made our rosters and played a couple games with simple rules + double plays. When the pitcher makes a mistake, do you automatically use the hitter's card with the dice or could you still potentially use the pitcher's card if it's somebody like Andrew Miller who has a high command value? If it is always the hitter's card which I would think would be the case, why does the Pitcher's card show scenarios for 25+? When would you use the Power die on the pitcher's card? Or could some strategy or stadium card allow you to use the power die for scenarios other than mistakes?

Thanks for your help! I'm sure this isn't the only question I will have. But so far, we love the game!

Todd

ReplyQuote
mattinthehat
(@mattinthehat)
Day 1 Supporter
27/12/2017 8:25 pm  

The card database isn't loading so I cannot say with 100% certainty, but I am almost positive that unless the pitcher uses a strategy card even with the best relievers it is impossible for a mistake pitch to be on a pitcher card. The lowest on base number for batters is 9 (10 would be much more likely to be in a starting line up) and the better a pitcher is the lower their mistake range is, so for example CP Tony Watson has a control of 6 and a mistake range of 1, 100% of the current batter pool would gain the advantage. 

There are strategy cards that will let you roll the power die on the pitchers card and non mistake pitches. And there are other cards that add to the swing, so you could roll the 20 sided die and end up with a swing value of more then 20. Though both a pretty rare occurrence.

ReplyQuote
CommunitySalad
(@communitysalad)
Online League Champion
27/12/2017 11:13 pm  

Matt is correct. The only possible situation for it to be a mistake with the pitcher’s chart is AS Jansen/Kimbrel vs Iannetta in Colorado. If a 2 is rolled, the pitch is 10, which would be pitcher’s advantage but a mistake pitch because it’s in Colorado.

I’m glad you guys are enjoying the game! We got a great community here that loves debating and chatting about these rulings.

ReplyQuote
ClutchJordan
(@jordan)
Clutch Creator Admin
28/12/2017 2:30 pm  
Posted by: CommunitySalad

Matt is correct. The only possible situation for it to be a mistake with the pitcher’s chart is AS Jansen/Kimbrel vs Iannetta in Colorado. If a 2 is rolled, the pitch is 10, which would be pitcher’s advantage but a mistake pitch because it’s in Colorado.

I’m glad you guys are enjoying the game! We got a great community here that loves debating and chatting about these rulings.

Actually a Mistake Pitch is hitter's advantage with the Power Die automatically, no mathematical advantage needs to be determined.  It's an edge case scenario anyways but.

Business Development/Gameplay & Balance for Clutch Cards

ReplyQuote
CommunitySalad
(@communitysalad)
Online League Champion
29/12/2017 1:33 pm  

My bad. I knew the answer but stated it poorly. Just meant to point out how nearly impossible this scenario is.

ReplyQuote
BearDownForWhat
(@beardownforwhat)
Day 1 Supporter
29/12/2017 10:21 pm  

Forgive me Jordan, but are you saying that even if the crazy scenario Community Salad laid out happened, the swing would still be on the batter's card? 

ReplyQuote
BearDownForWhat
(@beardownforwhat)
Day 1 Supporter
29/12/2017 10:25 pm  

If so, I think you guys should make that clear in the rulebook.  Humor me and look at Advantage on P. 18 (3.8 B).  It says you add up the pitch + command vs on-base.  A command find of "mistake" only turns up results that say when a mistake pitch is rolled, the power die is used.  Maybe I didn't find it in the rulebook but I couldn't find any mention that says a mistake pitch is automatically batter advantage no matter what--the only mention says mistake pitch = swing rolled with power die.

ReplyQuote
Share: