January/ February Roster Challenge  

RSS

Ahrensku
(@big-tuna)
Day 1 Supporter
23/01/2018 10:25 am  

Since its so late in the month, I'm going to let this span over the next month as well.

This challenge is simple (and was inspired by my online league team).  Build the team that is most unbeatable at home.  IE uses the park to its most advantage.  You can use any stadium but just make your team scary as hell at home.  I'll post my entry here in the next post.

ReplyQuote
Ahrensku
(@big-tuna)
Day 1 Supporter
23/01/2018 10:36 am  

So when I think unbeatable at home, you have to be able to take full advantage of your park while the opponent cannot.  There are a few other candidates for a park that can be best utilized, IMO, but having lived in this Detroit world in the online league, I've seen how games can get out of hand if you can just get somebody on 2nd.  And this team I posted has positive clutch at every spot in the lineup and an average of 12 OB. Yes the rotation could use a little work, but Castillo/Bellinger/Goldy/Carp/Stanton is going to wear out pitching staffs.  And everybody but Dyson and Russell (+1 clutch) gets +2 to the swing with anybody in scoring position (and potential of more in an actual clutch moment).  That increases your odds of getting a hit by 10%.  

I may look at a few other stadiums that I feel you can seriously take advantage of while your opponent cannot, but I think this team may be my actual team.

ReplyQuote
CommunitySalad
(@communitysalad)
Online League Champion
24/01/2018 2:20 pm  

If I ever get to choose my stadium, this is the team I'm building.

The concept is pretty simple: Offense gets up early and cancels the stadium to prevent it from staying stable. Pitching is good enough that the +1 pitch boost will be more than enough to keep the other offense at bay if I need to play catch up with this offense.

ReplyQuote
Share: