Promo Season Pass  

RSS

FragrantOlives
(@fragrantolives)
Single-A
19/10/2017 4:33 am  

It would be a nice gesture to your most loyal customer to offer a small number of "season passes" that would be good for all of the promotional cards released over the year. 

Many of us are Clutch fanatics. I sure am, I've spent over $400 on the game I love. I purchased the deluxe indiegogo bundle to get the first run of promos, roughly two boxes of the mid-season set (gotta catch 'em all), and a rubber game mat (needed those philly promos).

Now it's October & our dedicated developers have brought us some (very cool) Halloween themed throwback promos. Free even! With a $25 purchase. Awesome!  Only problem is, I'm out of stuff to buy. I somehow wish that I had bought LESS, so that I was incentivized to spend $25 to get the promo cards. In the trading forums members are asking others to piece out their October purchases, so that other owners with nothing new to buy can get their hands on the cards.

Next season it would be very much appreciated if you offered a small number of Clutch promo season passes. Basically the season pass would net you a copy of all of the promos released in that upcoming year. You could charge a decent amount & still get plenty of interest, or even only make the offer available to those that pre-order next season's full set. 

You don't want customers to feel apprehensive about spending $$'s on your product because they want to save their purchases for more promotional items.

ReplyQuote
DiamondNRG
(@diamondnrg)
Day 1 Supporter
19/10/2017 8:54 am  

I understand completely why they are doing it... they need to unload 2017 inventory.  As much as I was in the same situation as you I used it as an opportunity to help out others that only had been able to buy a few packs and needed a lot more cards.  I have unloaded about 50+ duplicate cards to (3) forum members over the past 2 weeks for very little, one for a couple cards, the others for just a few bucks and shipping.

I guess I look at it as those of us that could get in early and can afford everything are best off by helping spread the game to others so that it keeps going season to season.  A lot of these projects fail after 2 years or less.

I really wish they would have offered the midseason release in a box-set version (perhaps with a couple promo cards)

ReplyQuote
ClutchJordan
(@jordan)
Clutch Creator Admin
19/10/2017 9:48 am  

The idea of people having nothing left to buy was discussed, hence why we offered the Strategy Card set which is something our most hardcore fans have wanted for a long time.  The idea of a Season Pass is interesting and we'll consider it for 2018.

However, I will take this time to confirm that in 2018, every set we release will be available in a complete set.

Business Development/Gameplay & Balance for Clutch Cards

ReplyQuote
KyleJohnson11
(@kylejohnson11)
Single-A
19/10/2017 12:25 pm  

Regarding being out of things to buy, you can always get discounted 2017 cards just to get the promos.  With the extras, you could potentially trade them for 2018 cards with people who jump into the game late.

ReplyQuote
DiamondNRG
(@diamondnrg)
Day 1 Supporter
19/10/2017 7:09 pm  

Jordan - This is me "LIKING" your reply above. (side note: the forum will not let me like or reply to anything over the past week)

ReplyQuote
Lefty2215
(@lefty2215)
Day 1 Supporter
19/10/2017 7:48 pm  

I'm intrigued...

ReplyQuote
kjfoster
(@kjfoster)
Single-A Customer
06/12/2017 1:54 pm  

Hey man, relatively new to the game and looking to expand my collection. I’d be willing to get some of those duplicates (especially Astros/Tigers and strategy cards) from ya if you’re still trying to unload some 

ReplyQuote
DiamondNRG
(@diamondnrg)
Day 1 Supporter
09/12/2017 3:03 pm  

I replied to your message kjfoster

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register