HoF Set  

RSS

Lefty2215
(@lefty2215)
Day 1 Supporter
29/01/2018 3:22 am  

One thing that I had been thinking about and I think would be pretty cool is a Hall of Fame set. Included in the set would be whoever got inducted in that year. So for example those included in the set this year would be Hoffman, Vladdy, Chipper, and Thome. It would vary year to year depending on how many people get enough votes but I think this could be a cool idea. What do you guys think?

BOBtheBULL liked
ReplyQuote
mattinthehat
(@mattinthehat)
Day 1 Supporter
29/01/2018 11:52 am  

IMO this would be a good once a year LE set idea.

ReplyQuote
Catastrophe
(@catastrophe)
Inaugural Tournament Champion
29/01/2018 1:44 pm  

I've been in favor of every game expansion so far, so initially I'm on board. However, some of those players will already have cards (Vlad The Impaler... but maybe do a 2nd printing?) and the powers that be should be careful about flooding their community with too much new product too soon.

There's also the part of the discussion where I completely disagree with how politicized the baseball HoF is, and don't want to follow their reckless abandon as to which great players get further immortalized in Clutch.

While we're talking about it though, I'd be in great favor of an HoF-centric tourney. Maybe give the current class (with new or old cards) a salary discount so we get to see them on a bunch of teams and see how peeps build around them. And/or give all HoF'ers some special buff/discount to make it more interesting.

Patiently waiting for the Omar Vizquel 1999 Career Year card - .333/.397/.436 - AS, GG, SB

ReplyQuote
Lefty2215
(@lefty2215)
Day 1 Supporter
29/01/2018 2:00 pm  
Posted by: Catastrophe

I've been in favor of every game expansion so far, so initially I'm on board. However, some of those players will already have cards (Vlad The Impaler... but maybe do a 2nd printing?) and the powers that be should be careful about flooding their community with too much new product too soon.

There's also the part of the discussion where I completely disagree with how politicized the baseball HoF is, and don't want to follow their reckless abandon as to which great players get further immortalized in Clutch.

While we're talking about it though, I'd be in great favor of an HoF-centric tourney. Maybe give the current class (with new or old cards) a salary discount so we get to see them on a bunch of teams and see how peeps build around them. And/or give all HoF'ers some special buff/discount to make it more interesting.

I’d love to see an adjusted price for legends for use in recreational play. Being able to use your favorite legends without paying an arm and a leg for them would be nice. Obviously for tournaments and sanctioned events you’d have to leave them at regular prices. 

ReplyQuote
ClutchJordan
(@jordan)
Clutch Creator Admin
31/01/2018 4:19 pm  

As of right now we're still working on the 2017 Hall Of Famers.  Jeff Bagwell, Ivan Rodriguez, and Tim Raines.  From 2018 there's Chipper, Thome, and Hoffman as Vlad already has a card.

So from those 6, I can tell you now that there are plans to release 4 this year 🙂

Business Development/Gameplay & Balance for Clutch Cards

BOBtheBULL liked
ReplyQuote
BearDownForWhat
(@beardownforwhat)
Day 1 Supporter
31/01/2018 11:19 pm  

Prediction: Raines making it into the Expos mid-season legends set....probably Pedro and Gary Carter too...Forgot Vlad was already used in the Halloween set (jk I'll never forger how close I was to that Twitter contest).

ReplyQuote
mattinthehat
(@mattinthehat)
Day 1 Supporter
01/02/2018 9:25 am  

I agree with Raines making the Expos mid-season set as his best years were before '90-'00 which are the years for the generations set this year. 

On twitter they teased that the first five icon player was coming out this year. Both Bagwell (1994) and Rodriguez (1999) fit the requirements for the five icons. I guessed that it was going to be Rodriguez and they said why not both.

So that leaves us with Chipper, Thome and Hoffman for two spots.

The All Star Game is in Cleveland in 2019 so I would guess they would save Thome for that mid-season all star set.

TLDR; My guess, Raines in Expos mid-season all star set this year. Jeff Bagwell and Ivan Rodriguez five icon cards in the generations set this year. Chipper Jones and Trevor Hoffman in the generations set this year as well. And Jim Thome in the Indians mid-season all star set next year.

Lefty2215 liked
ReplyQuote
Lefty2215
(@lefty2215)
Day 1 Supporter
01/02/2018 6:27 pm  
Posted by: ClutchJordan

As of right now we're still working on the 2017 Hall Of Famers.  Jeff Bagwell, Ivan Rodriguez, and Tim Raines.  From 2018 there's Chipper, Thome, and Hoffman as Vlad already has a card.

So from those 6, I can tell you now that there are plans to release 4 this year 🙂

Well I like the sound of this????

ReplyQuote
ClutchJordan
(@jordan)
Clutch Creator Admin
01/02/2018 6:32 pm  
Posted by: mattinthehat

I agree with Raines making the Expos mid-season set as his best years were before '90-'00 which are the years for the generations set this year. 

On twitter they teased that the first five icon player was coming out this year. Both Bagwell (1994) and Rodriguez (1999) fit the requirements for the five icons. I guessed that it was going to be Rodriguez and they said why not both.

The All Star Game is in Cleveland in 2019 so I would guess they would save Thome for that mid-season all star set.

TLDR; My guess, Raines in Expos mid-season all star set this year. Jeff Bagwell and Ivan Rodriguez five icon cards in the generations set this year. Chipper Jones and Trevor Hoffman in the generations set this year as well. And Jim Thome in the Indians mid-season all star set next year.

The first 6 icon player*

Between Hoffman and Jones, if you look closely at something we've announced for this year I think you'll be able to put it together and you'll like it.

ReplyQuote
mattinthehat
(@mattinthehat)
Day 1 Supporter
02/02/2018 2:12 am  
Posted by: ClutchJordan
Posted by: mattinthehat

The first 6 icon player*

Between Hoffman and Jones, if you look closely at something we've announced for this year I think you'll be able to put it together and you'll like it.

Oh dang.

Can somebody call up Sherlock Holmes. My brain hurts from all the investigating I have done for this set...

ReplyQuote
CommunitySalad
(@communitysalad)
Online League Champion
03/02/2018 2:40 pm  

We are fairly certain, at this time, that the aforementioned 6 icon card is 97 Larry Walker.

ReplyQuote
BearDownForWhat
(@beardownforwhat)
Day 1 Supporter
03/02/2018 6:56 pm  

Here's my best guess:

They've announced a Memorial Day LE set.  The Padres were one of (if not THE) first teams to wear camo unis on memorial day as a nod to the nearby Navy base.  In fact, I believe they regularly wear camo unis at home on Sundays and invite service members.  So perhaps Hoffman makes it in there.

They've also announced "Postseason Heroes."  My best guess is Chipper goes in here.  Outside of the Yankees and Indians can you think of a team that made the playoffs more in the 90s than the Braves? 14 Consecutive division titles and they made the playoffs every year from 1991 to 2005 (minus strike year).  Throughout his career, Chipper amassed over 400 plate appearances, hitting 13 HR, driving in 47 RBI and having a .400 OBP.  If there were ever a guy with a good amount of data in the playoffs, he'd be in the convo (of course with guys like Jeter and Mo Rivera).

The big thing cutting against this theory is that earlier in the thread the Clutch team listed 6 names and said they planned to make 4.  If we assume Bagwell and Pudge are in, and Raines makes the mid-season set...that leaves one spot I think.

TLDR: Hoffman in Memorial Day LE, Chipper in Postseason Heroes, but then again they only said 4 guys would be made so maybe Chipper or Hoffman get left out.

ReplyQuote
ClutchJordan
(@jordan)
Clutch Creator Admin
03/02/2018 9:13 pm  

One of those is correct.  Impressive sleuthing.

ReplyQuote
mattinthehat
(@mattinthehat)
Day 1 Supporter
03/02/2018 10:48 pm  
Posted by: BearDownForWhat

Here's my best guess:

They've announced a Memorial Day LE set.  The Padres were one of (if not THE) first teams to wear camo unis on memorial day as a nod to the nearby Navy base.  In fact, I believe they regularly wear camo unis at home on Sundays and invite service members.  So perhaps Hoffman makes it in there.

They've also announced "Postseason Heroes."  My best guess is Chipper goes in here.  Outside of the Yankees and Indians can you think of a team that made the playoffs more in the 90s than the Braves? 14 Consecutive division titles and they made the playoffs every year from 1991 to 2005 (minus strike year).  Throughout his career, Chipper amassed over 400 plate appearances, hitting 13 HR, driving in 47 RBI and having a .400 OBP.  If there were ever a guy with a good amount of data in the playoffs, he'd be in the convo (of course with guys like Jeter and Mo Rivera).

The big thing cutting against this theory is that earlier in the thread the Clutch team listed 6 names and said they planned to make 4.  If we assume Bagwell and Pudge are in, and Raines makes the mid-season set...that leaves one spot I think.

TLDR: Hoffman in Memorial Day LE, Chipper in Postseason Heroes, but then again they only said 4 guys would be made so maybe Chipper or Hoffman get left out.

Good idea on the Memorial Day set, as a Padre fan I can confirm they love their military uniforms and it's cool to see an entire section full of Marine recruits. Tho they like to have nicknames for the themed LE's and I can't like of something that would fit with Trevor.

But I think, and as much as this pains me, the Chipper postseason heroes card makes a lot more sense.

ReplyQuote
Share: