2018 Player Cards  

Page 3 / 3 Prev
  RSS

Sittch
(@sittch)
Day 1 Supporter
19/11/2017 2:37 pm  

I love BearDown's list of Astros, but I would replace Marisnick with Brad Peacock. The guy was arguably our best pitcher for the majority of the season.

ReplyQuote
CommunitySalad
(@communitysalad)
Online League Champion
20/11/2017 10:56 am  

Ah! I had forgot about Bregman's addition doing that for Houston.

ReplyQuote
BearDownForWhat
(@beardownforwhat)
Day 1 Supporter
21/11/2017 8:49 pm  

I can agree to Peacock.  That begs the question though--would he be a multi-inning relief guy (probably as many as 3 IP like Chris Young) or would he be a SP w/low IP (maybe 5 IP)?  Peacock was solid this year and in multiple roles.  I had forgot about how strong he was when all the rotation injuries started popping up.  Obviously, he was essential in the postseason.

Since I last posted some key games were played and maybe Morton can make the cut after all...

ReplyQuote
alacy52
(@alacy52)
Day 1 Supporter
23/11/2017 12:33 am  

Rockies:

3B Nolan Arenado
CF Charlie Blackmon
2B DJ LeMahieu
SS Trevor Story
LF/RF Gerardo Parra
OF Raimel Tapia
C Jonathan Lucroy (if he re-signs)

Pitchers

Jon Gray
Kyle Freeland
German Marquez
Chris Rusin
Scott Oberg
Pat Neshek and/or Jake McGee if either or both get re-signed
Whoever ends up being our closer

Legends:

2000 Todd Helton
1997 Larry Walker
2007 Matt Holliday
2010 Troy Tulowitzki

ReplyQuote
Chicken Man
(@chicken-man9102)
Single-A
28/11/2017 2:26 pm  

Some rookies that came on the scene hot (Matt Olsen, Rhys Hoskins removed link ) would be awesome! 

ReplyQuote
WhatTheMoose
(@whatthemoose)
Single-A
09/01/2018 6:01 pm  

Just found this thread so I'll give my Red Sox a shot (in order of my preferred):

Hitters:

Mookie Betts (LF/RF) - clearly the hier apparent to David Ortiz, under-performed but still should have a solid card 

JD Martinez (LF/RF) - unless Dombrowski fails to sign him, in which case all of Sox Nation will be pissed

Rafael Devers (3B) - may not have enough ABs to make a card, but I'd be hyped to see him in the removed link   If not, Mid-Season is likely

Andrew Benintendi (LF/RF) - AL ROY favorite until Aaron Judge became the 2nd-coming of Babe removed link   

Christian Vazquez (C) - had a sneaky good year, would be a nice mid-tier catcher option with solid defense and decent chart

Xander Bogaerts (SS) - Inconsistency kills him but I'd imagine a solid OB with relatively low salary

Dustin Pedroia (2B) - longest-tenured current Red Sox player

Would be nice, but not necessary / I'd be ok without them: Jackie Bradley removed link (already have 3 OF assuming JD signs), Mitch Moreland (card would be carbon-copy from 2017), Hanley Ramirez (terrible season, likely won't get as many ABs this season)

Pitchers:

Chris Sale (SP) - 300 strikeouts, nuff said

Craig Kimbrel (CP) - AL Reliever of the Year

David Price (SP) - will be interesting to see how his season of injuries / bullpen-time affects his card

Drew Pomeranz (SP) - had a great season largely out of nowhere

Carson Smith (RP) - given his lack of playing time in the past 2 seasons a mid-season card might be the better option

Tyler Thornburg (RP) - didn't throw a single pitch last year so mid-season is an option

Rick Porcello (SP) - CY Young in 2016, fairly garbage in 2017

Eduardo Rodriguez (SP) - has yet to make the jump many fans expected

There's also a handful of RPs that I could see, including Joe Kelly, Matt Barnes, and Brandon Workman

Legends:

Ted Williams (1941 - .406 BA or 1949 - MVP, led AL with 43 HR and 157 RBI)

Carl Yastrzemski (1967 - Triple Crown)

Pedro Martinez (1999 - CY Young, 300 Ks)

Manny Ramirez (2004 - 43 HR, WS MVP)

Koji Uehara (2013 - removed link ERA, ALCS MVP, Carried Sox throughout Postseason)

David Ortiz (yes, I know he already has a card but he's the greatest Red Sox player of all-time so I wouldn't say no to another one) (2016 - led league with 43 doubles at age 41, best final season ever, etc etc etc #GOAT)

Red Sox '04, '07, '13 Champs

ClutchJordan liked
ReplyQuote
ClutchJordan
(@jordan)
Clutch Creator Admin
10/01/2018 9:27 pm  
Posted by: WhatTheMoose

Just found this thread so I'll give my Red Sox a shot (in order of my preferred):

Hitters:

Mookie Betts (LF/RF) - clearly the hier apparent to David Ortiz, under-performed but still should have a solid card 

JD Martinez (LF/RF) - unless Dombrowski fails to sign him, in which case all of Sox Nation will be pissed

Rafael Devers (3B) - may not have enough ABs to make a card, but I'd be hyped to see him in the removed link   If not, Mid-Season is likely

Andrew Benintendi (LF/RF) - AL ROY favorite until Aaron Judge became the 2nd-coming of Babe removed link   

Christian Vazquez (C) - had a sneaky good year, would be a nice mid-tier catcher option with solid defense and decent chart

Xander Bogaerts (SS) - Inconsistency kills him but I'd imagine a solid OB with relatively low salary

Dustin Pedroia (2B) - longest-tenured current Red Sox player

Would be nice, but not necessary / I'd be ok without them: Jackie Bradley removed link (already have 3 OF assuming JD signs), Mitch Moreland (card would be carbon-copy from 2017), Hanley Ramirez (terrible season, likely won't get as many ABs this season)

Pitchers:

Chris Sale (SP) - 300 strikeouts, nuff said

Craig Kimbrel (CP) - AL Reliever of the Year

David Price (SP) - will be interesting to see how his season of injuries / bullpen-time affects his card

Drew Pomeranz (SP) - had a great season largely out of nowhere

Carson Smith (RP) - given his lack of playing time in the past 2 seasons a mid-season card might be the better option

Tyler Thornburg (RP) - didn't throw a single pitch last year so mid-season is an option

Rick Porcello (SP) - CY Young in 2016, fairly garbage in 2017

Eduardo Rodriguez (SP) - has yet to make the jump many fans expected

There's also a handful of RPs that I could see, including Joe Kelly, Matt Barnes, and Brandon Workman

Legends:

Ted Williams (1941 - .406 BA or 1949 - MVP, led AL with 43 HR and 157 RBI)

Carl Yastrzemski (1967 - Triple Crown)

Pedro Martinez (1999 - CY Young, 300 Ks)

Manny Ramirez (2004 - 43 HR, WS MVP)

Koji Uehara (2013 - removed link ERA, ALCS MVP, Carried Sox throughout Postseason)

David Ortiz (yes, I know he already has a card but he's the greatest Red Sox player of all-time so I wouldn't say no to another one) (2016 - led league with 43 doubles at age 41, best final season ever, etc etc etc #GOAT)

The first ever beta for Clutch Baseball was in 2014 and based on 2013's stats.  Koji Uehara was an 8 which hasn't been replicated since.

Business Development/Gameplay & Balance for Clutch Cards

Sittch liked
ReplyQuote
DCNative
(@dcnative)
Day 1 Supporter
14/01/2018 4:53 pm  

Can we get some more low point cost players this year? Like a significant enough amount that I dont need to play Ryan Zimmerman (who is one of my favorite players, dont get me wrong) in every team? I am fine with the players (and especially pitchers) being very weak like in MLB Showdown (1 control, let up a BB on a 16, etc.) but would like even more flexibility with roster building in the future. To me, it seems weird that the lowest possible point cost is 50 points, I think there is some room to add the lesser known players this year that may be cheaper rather than a bunch of middle tier players around 200 points that we already have a lot of. Just my 2 cents

BOBtheBULL liked
ReplyQuote
mattinthehat
(@mattinthehat)
Day 1 Supporter
14/01/2018 11:26 pm  

Not sure if anybody noticed this, but on the home page if you look at the Paul Goldschmidt card it looks like it says it is card 218/500.

So maybe were getting 100 more cards this year......?

On further inspection, all the cards on the home page have that combo.

Way to be a tease guys.

ReplyQuote
CommunitySalad
(@communitysalad)
Online League Champion
07/02/2018 1:11 pm  
Posted by: mattinthehat

Not sure if anybody noticed this, but on the home page if you look at the Paul Goldschmidt card it looks like it says it is card 218/500.

So maybe were getting 100 more cards this year......?

On further inspection, all the cards on the home page have that combo.

Way to be a tease guys.

I think there was 500 in the 2017 base set too.

ReplyQuote
EverettBAL
(@everettbal)
Triple-A
13/02/2018 11:56 am  

I just wanna leave this here:

Poor Schoop. First he gets snubbed of an all-star card by you guys, now he’s doesn’t get a foil after a career year. What’s the guy have to do to win the love of the Clutch gods? 😉

ReplyQuote
Catastrophe
(@catastrophe)
Inaugural Tournament Champion
14/02/2018 8:04 am  
Posted by: EverettBAL

Poor Schoop. First he gets snubbed of an all-star card by you guys, now he’s doesn’t get a foil after a career year. What’s the guy have to do to win the love of the Clutch gods? 😉 

Hey if he's not Rare, then there'll be more of him to go around. The more Schoop the better!

Patiently waiting for the Omar Vizquel 1999 Career Year card - .333/.397/.436 - AS, GG, SB

ReplyQuote
CommunitySalad
(@communitysalad)
Online League Champion
15/02/2018 10:28 pm  
Posted by: EverettBAL

I just wanna leave this here:

I had all sorts of fits last year about Cano for the same reasons. I appreciate the diversity of rarity. Keeps things fresh.

EverettBAL liked
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3 Prev
Share: