2018 Player Cards  

Page 2 / 3 Prev Next
  RSS

Lefty2215
(@lefty2215)
Day 1 Supporter
28/10/2017 12:12 am  

Every single Dodgers player except Turner and maybe taylor should have -3 clutch next year. This shit is brutal

ReplyQuote
BearDownForWhat
(@beardownforwhat)
Day 1 Supporter
28/10/2017 1:32 am  

Astros Tiiiiime!!!!

1) BREGMAN

2) 'Tuve 

3) Springer(dinger)

4) Showrrea

5) Yuli (full disclosure what he just pulled tonight on the bench was unacceptable)

6) VER-LAND-ER

7) Jake Marisnick (would be a defensive/speed plus guy with a weak batting chart but maybe he'd be a cheap bench player) (ok, he probably wouldn't make the cut)

8) Mar-WIN Gonzalez (super utility)

9) Devo 

10) Charlie Morton (ok, yeah he probably won't make the cut)

Ultimately, there will be so many Astros that you guys have to make (e.g. Keuchel) that will obviously cut down on who all y'all can make though.

ReplyQuote
BearDownForWhat
(@beardownforwhat)
Day 1 Supporter
28/10/2017 1:32 am  

On the topic of legends, I'm in the camp of keeping them few and far between.  Just do the Nats ones in the mid-season set as the ASG host like you did for Miami.

ReplyQuote
BearDownForWhat
(@beardownforwhat)
Day 1 Supporter
28/10/2017 1:34 am  

One very minor thing, what are the odds you give the "Los Angeles" Angels an Anaheim skyline instead?  Always thought it was regrettable that "The Big A" wasn't on Trout's card.  So few teams have something so distinct in their skyline that directly connects to the team and is distinguishable from any other arena/stadium like the Big A.

ReplyQuote
rsm162000
(@rsm162000)
Day 1 Supporter
30/10/2017 10:10 am  

On the topic of legends, I'm in the camp of keeping them few and far between.  Just do the Nats ones in the mid-season set as the ASG host like you did for Miami.

I'm definitely in the opposite camp.  I'd like to see a handful of Legends/Career Years in every set/expansion, as well as with the LE promo cards.  They are great for casual players, and have helped me introduce people to the game.

Actual quotes at my local game night, last Thursday: "I can have Griffey on my team!? Hell yeah I'll try this game." and "I always liked Luis Castillo.  Have you used him on your teams?" and "Where's the Kenny Lofton card?" and "Imagine what the Babe Ruth card would be be like?!"  I brought my binder of cards and people were flipping through them and talking about who they'd try and build a team around, and the LE and "Legends" cards were the ones they gravitated to, other than players like Trout and Votto and Kershaw.  Last Thursday our game night was focused around a game called Last Night On Earth, but our next game night is gonna include a demo game of Clutch so I can show more people how to play and how to build a team, etc.

I think the Legends cards are important for the growth of the game.

ReplyQuote
Sean Norberg
(@snorberg)
Clutch Creator Admin
30/10/2017 10:22 am  
Posted by: Lefty2215

Every single Dodgers player except Turner and maybe taylor should have -3 clutch next year. This shit is brutal

Would it make you feel better if I said Maeda and Morrow have a negative clutch rating, and Taylor/Turner both have +2 clutch?

ReplyQuote
Sean Norberg
(@snorberg)
Clutch Creator Admin
30/10/2017 10:22 am  
Posted by: Lefty2215

Would it make you feel better if I said Maeda and Morrow have a negative clutch rating, and Taylor/Turner both have +2 clutch?

ReplyQuote
mattinthehat
(@mattinthehat)
Day 1 Supporter
30/10/2017 11:35 am  

That Schimpf performance feels like another lifetime ago, but FragrantOlives is spot on, I do want to see the first three true outcomes Clutch card. 

OB 10 R+2, K 1-5,  GB 6,  FB 7,  BB 8-9,  1B 10-17,  2B 18,  3B -,  HR 19+

ReplyQuote
CommunitySalad
(@communitysalad)
Online League Champion
30/10/2017 1:19 pm  

What are the chances that the preseason LEs could be those voted into the HOF that winter?

ReplyQuote
EverettBAL
(@everettbal)
Triple-A
16/11/2017 8:18 pm  

2018 Orioles Batters

3B Manny Machado

CF Adam Jones

1B Chris Davis

LF Trey Mancini

C Caleb Joseph

2B Jonathan Schoop

2018 Orioles Pitchers

Whichever free agent starter we sign (Chatwood probably)

SP Dylan Bundy

RP Mychal Givens

RP Brad Brach

CP Zach Britton

RP Richard Bleier

RP Miguel Castro

ReplyQuote
EverettBAL
(@everettbal)
Triple-A
16/11/2017 8:20 pm  

If you had to cut out one of those guys I'd say Joseph first, then Britton, because Joseph may not be the starter next year, and Britton was injured all year.

ReplyQuote
EverettBAL
(@everettbal)
Triple-A
16/11/2017 8:20 pm  

If you had to cut out one of those guys I'd say Joseph first, then Britton, because Joseph may not be the starter next year, and Britton was injured all year.

ReplyQuote
Catastrophe
(@catastrophe)
Inaugural Tournament Champion
17/11/2017 8:21 am  

I agree with EverettBAL about Britton being omittable. I really liked having Caleb Joseph put up great first-year numbers though, would be happy to have him in Clutch since the Catcher pool has lots of room to grow.

Regarding the NL team around here, I'll vouch for the currrent Nats below. I'm leaving out Scherz/Stras/Murph/Zimm since they got ASG love:
SP Gio Gonzalez
RP Matt Albers (for whatever team he signs with)
RP Ryan Madson
CP Sean Doolittle
C Matt Wieters
3B Anthony Rendon
2B/3B/SS Wilmer Difo
CF Michael A. Taylor

Patiently waiting for the Omar Vizquel 1999 Career Year card - .333/.397/.436 - AS, GG, SB

ReplyQuote
CommunitySalad
(@communitysalad)
Online League Champion
17/11/2017 4:56 pm  

Is it too outlandish to say Seattle could be the first full lineup in Clutch? Wouldn’t be shocked to see Haniger get a card. Heredia might be on the fringe, but would love to see him a 10 OB, +3 OF, no natural XBH guy.

ReplyQuote
BearDownForWhat
(@beardownforwhat)
Day 1 Supporter
19/11/2017 11:49 am  

What do you mean first full lineup?  HOU nearly had a full lineup in the base set (you would've had to have to played Gattis out of position at 1B).  But, then with the addition of Bregman in the mid-season set, you could field a full HOU lineup.

C McCann

1B Gonzalez

2B Altuve

SS Correa

3B Bregman

LF/RF Springer

CF Aoki

LF/RF Reddick

DH Beltran/Gattis

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3 Prev Next

Working